Aller au contenu

[Projet] Traduction des sous-titres de Shenmue 1 et 2

Manic

Messages recommandés

Dear metagames forum,

(My french is bad so I'll write in English if this is OK for you)

I am experimenting with Shenmue 1 to get a version with japanese audio and english subs (something like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLCLgDiMmfs)

I got the GDI's of the game(s), the tools and this tutorial:

http://www.hiei-tf.fr/shenmue1-howtotranslate-english.html

but I have some problems with this now.

I am experimenting with chapter 12 in the tutorial and i managed to get a PAL version with injected JAP Streams working on nulldc with perfect audio and lipsync. But then after trying to translate the japanese into english subtitles there is no audio anymore (it does not work).

So I'd like to ask now, whether there is someone here who had similar problems and whether there is a solution for this problem.

Forst of all thanks for the fast reply!

After testing the PAL version with the complete japanese stream i began modifying the japanese original stream folder. I did not wan't to insert the .srf's from the english original because I read that this will result in having no lipsynch or errors because of wrong amount of lines (f. e. translating a japanese sentence which had 1 line in english by using 2 lines for the english one).

I am not sure whether this problem results from corrupted files (.afs / .idx) or wrong modification operations.

I am looking forward to any kind of answer!

I had the same problem with Shenmue II; I tried to add the English XBOX voices to Dreamcast version and then add the Dreamcast european (Japanese voices) subs, but translated, and got similar problems like you did (Audios not playing, or playing but showing the wrong subtitle).

In your specific case, I do remember that the tools were made for the English subs, so perhaps something's wrong or different on the Japanese subs. You'll have to wait until Sizious gets here so you can get a more accurate answer.

Oh, and if you need any help with testing or other stuff, I'll be glad to assist.

Hey guys!

I MADE IT!

It was my fault! I have not followed the guide like I should have and so

it was sure that it won't work. Here is what I found out (maybe there will be someone who has the same problems):

The easiest way to get a Shenmue 1 with japanese audio and english subtitles is to take the core of a NTSC-U or PAL version and inject the japanese audio stream into it. Then you "only" have to edit all those (hundreds of) subtitles because the notebook and the menus etc. are done already.

If you want to translate the subtitles according to this guide:

http://www.hiei-tf.fr/shenmue1-howtotranslate-english.html

you have to be carefull about this:

After translating the .srf files with AIO editor I always generated my new .afs file with afsutils like this:

Tools > AFS creator (inside the afsutils GUI) by adding the directory (f. e. A0114) instead of the .xml file (f. e. A0114_list.xlm)

I think that was the reason why the generated AFS file was corrupted and why it was not possible to create a valid idx file (and if the afs and idx are screwed up logically there won't be any audio and subtitles in the scene)

I am going to make a shenmue translation guide in pdf (based on this tutorial above with extra pictures and notes) and i'm gonna release it so that nobody has to waste his time on that kind of problem again.

I will also now continue my experiments with shenmue 1 translations to see whether it would be worth to make a modd or not and how much resources it would consume.

PS: About Sizious... I contacted him last year about the same issue but now as I found the solution he doesn't have to waste his time over that again ^^

I will write on sunday or saturday again!

Modifié par CollectorSoul

If the .XML import is going wrong (Are you importing a .XML from the japanese ADX or from a English .ADX?), then let's hope Sizious hears this.

"Take the core and inject?" Does that mean extracting an english AFS and overwriting the contents with the japanese .strs? Please explain.

Veuillez vous connecter pour commenter

Vous pourrez laisser un commentaire après vous êtes connecté.

Connectez-vous maintenant
  • Contenu similaire

• Par thoumy
      Bonjour à tous !

Etant nouveau sur ce forum , je voulais savoir si il était possible qu'un ou plusieurs membres traduiseent une rom japonaise en anglais ou en français.

Je pensait notamment a la rom de professeur layton and the last time travel, qu'on ne trouve qu'en japonais à l'heure actuelle alors que plusieurs team de trad jap-fr existent... étonnant vu le succès des deux premiers jeux.

Si ce n'est pas le cas désolé d'avoir ouvert un topic pour rien.
    • Par frumos
      Bonjour, je me suis fait livré en import le jeu Fullmetal Alchemist : Curse of the Crimson Elixir. Je voudrais savoir si en extrayant le jeu en iso sur mon ordinateur il m'était possible de modifier les textes de l'anglais au français, de faire une traduction quoi. Merci d'avance pour vos réponses.
    • Par jeffreycarrera
      Je vends l'intégralité de ma collection Dreamcast, en parfait état de fonctionnement, pour des heures et des heures de bonheur!

Paiement :

Paypal
      Chèque
      Virement

Livraison :

Remise en main propre : gratuit
      Colissimo Suivi : 12€
      Colissimo Recommandé R2 : 15€

Expédition sérieuse, emballé avec soin.

Console:

Console Dreamcast - version PAL Française, 50/60Hz, MODEL HKT-3030, modem 56K - fonctionnement 5/5

Cordon d'alimentation
      Cordon vidéo PERITEL

Accessoires:

Manette officielle SEGA
      Manette Flash Fire bleu avec fonction Turbo
      Carte mémoire officielle SEGA avec écran LCD
      Carte mémoire de haute capacité - 4 Mega

Les jeux :

Shenmue 1 - au complet, parfait état
      Shenmue 2 - parfait état, au complet sauf notice

Resident Evil Code : Veronica - au complet, parfait état, boitier légérement cassé

Hydro Thunder - au complet, parfait état
      Virtua Tennis - au complet, parfait état
      Dynamite Cop - au complet, parfait état
      Metropolis Street Racer - au complet, parfait état
      Soul Calibur - au complet, parfait état
      Suzuki Alstare Extreme Racing - au complet, parfait état
      Toy Story 2 - au complet, parfait état
      Sega NBA 2k2 - au complet, parfait état
      Virtua Fighter 3TB - au complet, parfait état
      Jet Set Radio - au complet, parfait état
      Ready 2 Rumble Boxing 2 - au complet, parfait état
      HeadHunter - parfait état, manque la notice

Cette vente est aux enchères sur eBay mais vous pouvez me faire une offre direct.

Je ne veux aucunement brader, faites moi une offre sérieuse!

Merci!
  • Statistiques des membres

23 028
    Total des membres
    Maximum en ligne
    Subaru
    Membre le plus récent
    Subaru

128,1 k
    Total des sujets
    1,7 M
    Total des messages